Get To Know Ann
Ann Swindell is the author of The Path to Peace and Still Waiting, and her writing has been featured widely by The Gospel Coalition, Risen Motherhood, Well-Watered Women, Proverbs 31 Ministries, and many other publications. Ann is the owner of Writing with Grace, where she has been teaching Christ-centered writing courses for women around the world since 2016. She holds an MA in Writing from DePaul University and an MFA in Creative Nonfiction Writing from Seattle Pacific University, and lives in West Michigan with her pastor-husband and their children.
Writing with Power & Grace
In this practical session, author, speaker, (and former college writing professor) Ann Swindell will cover key elements of the writing craft to help propel your writing from mediocre to distinctive. Through writing prompts paired with craft insights, Ann will help you learn:
- How to harness language for maximum impact on the page
- How to shape the overall flow of your piece so that it doesn’t drag
- How to offer spiritual on-ramps for your reader with winsomeness and honesty
The truth is that writing is hard and holy work, and for you to be able to do what you’re called to do, you need to be equipped in that calling—that’s why you’re here at Speak Up in the first place! Join us in this breakout for spiritual encouragement paired with practical writing tools to help you move forward in pursuing your calling as a writer.
- Helping you solidify your writing voice
- Talking with you to clarify your next steps as a writer
- Encouraging you and praying with you
Ready To Register?
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity. Sign up now & join us at Speak Up 2023!